COLLEGEVILLE PA – Ursinus College is teaming up with the Collegeville Economic Development Corp. (CEDC) to offer what is being billed as “an entertaining and enjoyable Dinner-And-A-Show promotion” that is intended to be “a fun night out for … area residents without the hassle of Center City traffic,” according to borough Main Street Manager Rachael Morrison.
Local restaurants will offer dinner specials to individuals who attend the college Theater Department’s slapstick British comedy, “Noises Off,” from Feb. 20-23 (2013; Wednesday through Saturday) at 7:30 p.m. nightly in the Lenfest Theater on Ursinus’ Main Street campus.
Participating restaurants and specials being offered are:
- Marzella’s Pizza BYOB, 10-percent off the price of dinner;
- Lou’s Too BYOB, free side with a dinner;
- WIBS Wings Ribs And More BYOB, 10-percent off the price of dinner;
- Phamous Phil’s BBQ BYOB, 10-percent off the price of dinner;
- The Trappe Tavern, 10-percent off the price of dinner;
- My Friends Tavern, offering a surprise special side;
- The Pizza Stop, with beer on the menu and BYOB for wine, 10-percent off the price of dinner;
- DaVinci’s Pub, 10-percent off the price of dinner;
- Thai Basil Bistro BYOB, a free appetizer of up to $10 value; and
- Bonjung Japanese Restaurant BYOB, a free special appetizer per table when ordering a main entrée.
“Noises Off” presents a manic menagerie as a cast of itinerant actors rehearsing a flop called “Nothing On.” Doors slamming, backstage and onstage intrigue, and an errant herring all figure in the plot of the hilarious and classically comic play.
Theater tickets, which do not include dinner costs, are $5 each or $2 for students and seniors age 65 and older. Those who attend will receive a receipt for their ticket purchases, whether made at the box office or in advance online. The receipt can be redeemed at any of the above restaurants for their special meal, Morrison said.
If you go, give yourself adequate time for the meal, she added. Theatergoers are recommended to arrive at least 15 minutes before the show begins.
Photo from Ursinus College